Special sizing for maternity back supports
- All Back-A-Line Supports can be worn inside or outside of clothing. Add 1″ to normal waist size when ordering if worn outside of clothing.
- Measure around the lower back and under abdomen for correct size [see picture]. Then order the largest size from the chart that includes the measured size. For example, if the measured size is 34″, then order a small. If the measured size is 35″, then order a medium.
- All maternity Back-A-Line units are designed to provide an additional 10″-13″ of growth during pregnancy.
The Back-A-Line is not for everyone. Those with spinal anomalies – scoliosis, spinal fusion, kyphotic posture – may NOT be able to adjust their spine to the curve of the lumbar pad, making it somewhat uncomfortable. That category is about 5% of the population. But Back-A-Line works for most people who have moderate to severe lower back pain or fatigue problems.
Instructions for wearing belts
- Instead of wrapping the belt around at your belly button, start with the L-pad in the middle of your spine but wrap it on the diagonal inches UNDER your navel. Lift your stomach, attach Velcro and allow your stomach to fall into the non-stretch belt. It not only snugs up the fit but it will carry most of your belly weight. You won’t have to hyper-arch your back for balance.
Cleaning and care
- Machine wash warm. Air dry. Do not machine dry.
- Do not expose to high temperatures, as this may damage the molded lumbar pad.